Program Leader Job Description
THE PROGRAM LEADER ROLE AND IT’S IMPORTANCE TO BOOSTER:
Booster is growing at double-digit rates each year. To keep up with that tremendous growth and make sure our schools are getting the best experience possible, we need enthusiastic, positive, and driven people. As a Program Leader, you’re in charge of leading our elementary school partners through our Boosterthon program. You’ll lead the team on campus with excellence, help schools reach their fundraising goals, and positively impact students. Additionally, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in L3, an 11-month work and leadership experience that’s designed to help you learn personal and professional skills, lead at a higher level, and launch your career.
HERE’S WHY THIS IS A GREAT CAREER STEP FOR YOU:
Many young professionals want real-world experience they can use to accelerate their career. Instead of a desk, Booster gives you the professional experience to launch your career, the development to grow as a leader, and the opportunity to use your talents to change the world. Plus, you’ll have the incredible opportunity to receive world-class leader development through L3, our 11-month work and leadership program.
- Fundraising Program Leadership – You lead the Boosterthon program on school campuses. You are responsible for all day-to-day program operations, communication, and details to ensure an incredible experience.
- Event Management – You lead the Pep Rally and Fun Run day experience, oversee team delegation, think through event details, and coordinate logistics.
- Team Leadership – You lead your team on campus to help create remarkable experiences for schools.
- Student Engagement – You creatively use resources and daily campus interactions to engage and inspire students. You get to be a role model for students!
- Effective Communication – You communicate confidently and enthusiastically to positively engage parents, students, and faculty.
- Personal Development – As a participant in the L3 program, you are responsible for completing all of your leader development assignments and activities with punctuality and excellence.
WE’LL TEACH YOU:
- Everything you’ll need to set up and execute a remarkable fundraising program.
- How to use a variety of cutting-edge fundraising tools and communication skills to motivate students.
- How to develop and grow client relationships.
- How to manage client expectations and drive their success.
- How to work with and lead other team members.
- How to become a meaningful contributor to the larger goals our whole team is striving to achieve.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY WILL INCLUDE:
- Leading and helping your team set up and host a Pep Rally for students each week.
- Presenting values-based curriculum to students in schools daily.
- Setting up and hosting our premier fitness event, the Boosterthon Fun Run.
- Motivating students to raise funds for their school.
- Engaging with teachers, parents, and administrators.
- Learning and understanding our business models and principles.
- Participating in L3, our professional, leader development program.
- Leading a team who models Fitness, Leadership, and Character to others.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Here are some signs that you’d be a great fit for this role:
- Excellent Communication – You can connect professionally and enthusiastically with students, faculty, and staff through written and verbal communication.
- Positive Attitude – You display optimism, enthusiasm, and intentionality when interacting with clients and team.
- Growth Mindset – You demonstrate a continual desire to learn and grow both personally and professionally.
- Good Judgment – You have a strong sense of self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Outcome-oriented – You don’t shirk a deadline and you can model that kind of work ethic on your team.
- You have reliable transportation.
- You’re a licensed driver and can pass Booster’s Motor Vehicle background check policy.
- You pass all required background checks for this position.
- You’re able to lift up to 45 lbs.
BENEFITS AND PERKS:
- World-Class Leader Development: Participation in L3 program, plus company-wide training events
- Career Development Opportunities: Explore and launch into one of five different career paths
- Insurance Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental, plus potential moving bonus
- Bonus Opportunities: Networking and recruiting
- Paid Time Off: 10 days PTO, plus holidays and business closed days
- Tech: Macbook and $50 per month cell phone allowance
- Fun and Engaging Culture: Team events, award ceremonies, free lunches, dinners, and more!
- Music Subscription: $10 per month for Spotify subscription to help create remarkable experiences
We strengthen schools.
Every student inspired.
Every school funded.
Every community thriving.
Integrity, we do what’s right.
Enthusiasm, we are positive and fun.
Leadership, we develop intentional leaders.
Results, we do excellent work.
Community, we celebrate and care for people.